This is the result of a 6-month backlog of reccable fic, after Buffyverse Top 5 fried my fic processors.
I'm too sleepy and impatient to do @mentions.
- 2014, complete: Slayer Unleashed by EllieRose101 (11,802w, NC-17, Spuffy). I’m reccing it for sudden, fabulous background polyamory that ties in to the overall themes of the fic, but you should know it’s a very claim-filled sequel of a claimfic. I thought it had a few neat fantasy details re: how a psychic link thing would work in everyday life.
- 2012, complete: sung me moonstruck, kissed me quite insane by storyqdayx5d (3580w, E and Underage, Buffy/Drusilla). I found it through Restfield‘s Drusilla recs on tumblr, and I want to second. It’s beautiful and hot, and Buffy is very Buffy, and Drusilla is extremely Drusilla. It WORKS.
- 2012, complete: untitled Spike and Buffy Season 4 bodyswap ficletby athenniel (278w, not rated but probably T, pre-Spuffy). This seems different from most other bodyswap fic I’ve seen, in that it brings out how disturbing it could be to have someone else wear your body, especially someone as dedicatedly annoying as s4 Spike. It’s like a nonstop tennis match of snark and pettiness. I love it.
- 2012, complete: Love Me, Love My Dog by Rebcake (990w, PG, Spuffy and background Sprusilla). It’s Spike! As a terrier! Actual Dog!Spike! I thought it was adorable and accurate.
- 2012, complete: Torn by Quinara (517w, T, Spuffy). Author’s summary: “The end of Smashed, only where Buffy and Spike are a butterfly and a moth… Go with it?” Rebcake told me it exists, over here.
- 2011, WIP: the Green Card verse by brutti_ma_buoni (61,063w, G to M, Spuffy). Buffy fake-marries Spike for important plot reasons in season 4. I think the_moonmoth recced it recently. I thought it was prettily playful and funny, and many, many other good things besides, and I really dug the way that canon elements kept surfacing in unexpected shapes and combinations.
- 2011, complete: The Watcher’s Council Wellness Retreat by gabrielleabelle (5155w, G, s6 canon Scoobie ships). A kind of light-hearted… farce? that got painfully accurate at times. The Scoobies need therapy for many, many reasons. :)
- 2010, complete: Those Who Favor Fire by angearia (1184w, PG-13, Spuffy). You’ve seen Spuffy ice skating fic (or you might have), now get ready for EXCELLENT Spuffy ice skating fic (I mean if you haven’t)!
- 2010, complete: Ceteris Paribus (All Else Being Equal) by Beer Good (1500w, PG13, gen). SO MANY puns. From author’s summary: “In canon, Buffy and Willow are Psychology majors. Isn’t it funny how that echoes in a lot of the themes in season 4? What if they’d picked a different subject, like… oh, I dunno… Economics?”
- 2010, complete: LADIES PREFER BLONDES by moscow_watcher (3000w, PG13, Spuffy). Glorious
bodyswapgenderswap (or sex-swap technically, ofc -- it's a temporary girl!Spike, okay) crack, good for the soul. It had so many plot twists, and I laughed practically the whole way.
- 2009, complete: Tabula Not Rasa by moscow_watcher (3252w, R, Spuffy). Again with the amazing plot twists and thoroughly entertaining smutcrack, featuring a fun headcanon about the Powers that Be.
- 2009, complete: Stick Shift by Stultiloquentia (4812w, E, Spuffy). Author’s summary: “Buffy stakes herself a vampire.” It’s what it sounds like (see the rating), and it’s EXQUISITE, poetic and thinky and everything else.
- 2007, complete: Maturity Vs. Experience by hello_spikey (4353w, NC-17, Spike/Giles). Spike and Giles kind of get drunk and have a maturity contest that they both lose? I thought it was really funny.
- 2006, complete: Collide by Enigmaticblue (68,410w, T, Spuffy). Kind and perceptive, and hopeful. From author’s summary: “What if that house-demolishing in Smashed was a metaphor with a different meaning than the writers gave it?” Recommend the meta at the beginning of the fic if you’re not reading the fic itself.
- 2002, complete: Because It’s Wrong by mahaliem (1246w, R, Spuffy). Honestly, the sheer age of it fills me with awe. And, well, it makes some good points… (Approximately 50% of this fic is Spike talking dirty.)
This entry was originally posted at http://thenewbuzwuzz.dreamwidth.org/5114